- Assess and grant approval for all site plan applications related to developments within Appolonia City.
- Certify all architectural drawings and applications before submission to the ministry for approval
- Evaluate and grant approval for all construction permit applications associated with Appolonia City developments.
- Provide supervision for inspections to ensure adherence to approved plans.
- Conduct comprehensive surveillance and monitoring of developments to ensure alignment with the City’s Masterplan provisions.
- Review and issue occupation certificates for developments at Appolonia City that meet all compliance requirements.
- Receive and process development applications within their designated jurisdiction.
- Conduct field inspections to verify the proper implementation of building plans.
- Collaborate with City Enforcement Officers to enforce compliance measures for non-conforming developments.
- Undertake any additional responsibilities assigned by the line manager.
- Complete any necessary research on construction practices and ensure that development policies align with the industry regulations.
- Prepare and submit detailed reports on any deviations in workmanship, construction activity or schedules, together with appropriate recommendations.
- Documentation and reporting- developing a structured DCC, City Management and Utilities filing methodology and archiving all information in Egnyte and physical backup storage.
- Collation, delivery and collection of development blueprints to and from the various statutory agencies.
- Providing required information to clients and contractors on policies, parcel plans, building development, etc. Ensuring contractors onsite understand DCC policies, parcel plans, building development, design specifications and the contractors’ code.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the line manager.
Hard skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Must be a registered architect with the Ghana Institute of Architects (GIA).
- 8-10 years of hands-on experience handling complex mixed-use developments or controlled developments with a touch of international/global experience.
- Proficiency in ArchiCAD, Autocar, Lumion, MS Projects and other softwares.
How to apply
Please submit your updated resume to and clearly indicate ‘Architect’ in the subject line by 1 November 2023