Construction Project Manager
Position: Construction Project Manager
The role will be a Project Manager for various projects throughout the development lifecycle at Appolonia City, from site identification in the master plan to infrastructure delivery to Appolonia City and third-party real estate developments.
- Oversee all onsite construction of structures and infrastructure to monitor compliance with construction and safety regulations
- Direct and supervise construction workers and subcontractors
- Assist in the selection and overseeing manpower, equipment, and materials to sustain work efficiency and track inventory
- Ensure successful completion of the project in terms of the cost, quality and HSE
- Collaborate with engineers, architects, etc., to determine the specifications of the project
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities
- Determine needed resources, i.e. Manpower, Equipment and Materials, from start to finish, paying attention to budgetary limitations
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met
- Prepare the overall program of work and monitor it weekly in order to understand the delays and mitigate the risks of delays
- Acquire equipment and materials and monitor stocks on time
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities
- Supervise the work of the staff and give guidance when needed
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed daily/weekly/monthly reports
- Adhere to all health and safety standards and report issues
- Ensure that monthly valuations are done on time and also maintain records of abortive works by liaising with the QS
- Responsible for materials and store management by ensuring requisition is done on time and as planned.
- Responsible for quality assurance and quality control on-site
- Coordinate subcontractors’ valuations and arrange weekly/monthly meetings for smooth progress of the project
- Ensure the procurement for major items and subcontracts are in place and ordered as per schedule within the right price
- Work and liaise closely with the QS to ensure that EOTs are recorded and delays claimed
- On receipt of the Project Brief from the respective Clients, coordinate the Consultants as required in the Project Brief.
- Arrange for the Project Brief to be revised as necessary during Design development. Incorporate any changes in the Project Brief and obtain the requisite Client authorization before issuance to the Project Brief to the Consultants.
- Establish the responsibilities of Consultants, Contractors and Subcontractors that are clearly
- Check that Consultants review the buildability and technical design of
- Check that the Consultants’ designs conform to the Project
- Utilize effective traffic control techniques to ensure the safety of project site workers and those passing through a work zone.
- Implement effective safety measures on site and use safety management techniques to conduct incident investigations, identify deficiencies, and implement effective countermeasures.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by management.
Hard skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent.
- A minimum of 10 years experience as a Construction Project Manager
- Proven experience as a Project Manager handling multistorey projects
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- MUST have hands-on experience with MS Office / AutoCAD and MS Project
How to apply
Please submit your updated resume to and clearly indicate ‘Construction Project Manager” in the subject line by 1 November 2023.