Position: Power Technician
Under the general direction of the Power Engineer, this position will provide all necessary technical field support to operate and maintain the electricity grid within Appolonia City. The main responsibilities will include:
- Install, maintain, and enhance electrical systems and components, including MV & LV components, fuses, lights, and wiring;
- Inspect, test, and diagnose issues with electrical systems and components;
- Perform all work in a manner that meets electrical codes, blueprints, and standards applicable in Ghana;
- Test electrical systems and components to ensure proper functioning;
- Complete required documentation of repairs and service information;
- Ensure adequate inventory of necessary supplies and parts;
- Ensure electrical system maintenance equipment are calibrated to provided specifications;
- Perform preventative maintenance on electrical systems and components;
- Troubleshoot problems and make timely repairs.
- Install, maintain, configure, and service electricity meters, ensuring all meters are in good condition.
- Take electricity meter readings for billing purposes and periodically reconcile physical and online meter readings.
- Liaise and coordinate between the delivery team, contractors, sub-contractors, project managers, and third-party suppliers.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, other departments, consultants and customers.
- Respond to requests for information and meet commitments within a reasonable time.
- Perform other duties as assigned (i.e. assist other departments as needed, participate in required training as applicable etc.)
- Provide accurate, insightful and timely reports, memos and presentations as requested by the management.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed by the team members.
Hard skills and experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience and a proven track record as a qualified power technician;
- Must have practical knowledge and experience in HV systems (at least 33 kV and below), such as overhead lines, underground cables and transformers;
- Experience working for an Electrical utility company;
- Relevant training and certification in network operation and switching;
- Be alert to danger and practice the highest safety standards.
- Experience with generators is preferred.
- Must have a valid driving license.
- Ability to work in a startup environment.
How to apply
Please submit your updated resume to and clearly indicate ‘Power Technician’ in the subject line by 1 November 2023.