Position: Procurement Officer
- He/she will oversee and direct the execution of all procurement matters and management of materials and items that are procured and needed for constructing our master-plan developments within Appolonia City.
- Work with project and workstream managers to ensure conformity of procured materials and services with project specifications
- Identify, prequalify and engage reliable suppliers and vendors while maintaining a database of various vendors and suppliers.
- Request for completion of procurement-related forms and obtain and analyze price quotes.
- Negotiate with suppliers and vendors on so as to secure advantageous terms on cost, payment terms and delivery periods.
- Review and perform a risk assessment on new agreements/contracts with suppliers/vendors to ensure feasibility.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Prepare purchase orders, plan and confirm delivery of materials and services.
- Forecast to the finance team vendor and supplier payments that are due or expected for proper planning.
- Collate the required audit trail and documentation to satisfy the finance department that a payment is due
- Prepare procurement reports.
- Maintained records and inventory of materials in various company stores.
- Track and coordinate the storage and dispatch of materials.
- Maintain suitable inventory levels for various materials.
- Any other duty as assigned.
Hard skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement & Supply Chain Management
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the Construction industry
- Background procurement in real estate and construction industries is an added advantage,
- An understanding or interest in the property market and trends, with regards to prices of inputs for construction and real estate development,
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to adhere to deadlines, multi ask and be able to prioritize
- Good knowledge of supplier or third-party management software.
How to apply
Please submit your updated resume to and clearly indicate ‘Procurement Officer” in the subject line by 1 November 2023.