Position: Quantity Surveyor
- Responsible for cost management for all the Appolonia City projects including urban infrastructure, security, public open spaces, Appolonia City-developed buildings, CSR, leisure and other projects and structures.
- Conducting feasibility studies to estimate project costs that include inter alia; materials, plant & machinery, specifications, time and labour costs
- Preparing, negotiating and analysing costs for tenders and contracts
- Advising on a range of contractual issues relating to the works
- Valuing completed work and certifying payments
- Reviewing construction plans and preparing quantity requirements.
- Scrutinizing operational, maintenance and material costs at the earliest possible time in order to carry out cost and benefit analysis for decision-making purposes.
- Liaising with site managers, clients, contractors, and subcontractors during the project design and execution phases.
- Preparing and drafting reports, analyses, contracts, budgets, cost risk assessments and other documents.
- Advising managers and clients on cost-related improvements and new strategies with a view of optimising value for money.
- Variation and change management in the design and execution of project deliverables in line with approved budgets.
- Establishing and maintaining professional relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Work on the yearly budget for the infrastructure and the budget of any projects undertaken by Appolonia City.
- Verify and approve the costs of works carried out by individuals building their own houses to ensure quality and maintain the integrity of the community during the construction period.
- Verify and sign off on the cost of Industrial/logistics/distribution/offices/hotels/leisure/other projects carried out by others to ensure quality and preservation of value.
- Initiate and finalize all the financial models of all projects undertaken by Appolonia City or in joint ventures with other partners.
- Contributing to the strategic planning of the urban infrastructure project in terms of efficient spending.
Hard skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with at least 3 years’ customer service experience in Construction Management, Power, Water or Telkom services
- Well-developed communication, customer support and analytical skills
- High customer and service orientation
- Experienced in document control, filing and clerical skills
- Exceptional problem-solving and interpersonal skills and a client-centred approach.
- Great organisational, reporting and time management abilities
- Extensive experience in gathering and interpreting customer experience information.
- Excellent Communication skills and professionalism
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, MS Projects and other organisational tools
- Excellent multitasking while maintaining utmost accuracy.
How to apply
Please submit your updated resume to and clearly indicate ‘Quantity Surveyor’ in the subject line by 1 November 2023.