Position: Utilities Manager
- Coordinate corporate structuring activities to create, set up and undertake the licensing of the multi-utility businesses, i.e., water, power and telecom utilities.
- Develop and implement the legal and operational framework to guide the operationalization of the multi-utility businesses.
- Manage relationships with regulators, vendors, consultants and other stakeholders as necessary for the utility companies’ successful setup, establishment and licensing.
- Prepare business and statutory documentation required for the setup and approvals of the utility businesses, including business plans, environmental impact assessments, white papers and implementation manuals.
- Oversee and administer the day-to-day operational functions and components of the integrated multi-utility engineering and operations department, including telecoms, electrical distribution, power supply, gas distribution, water distribution and supply, sewerage and sewage treatment within Appolonia City.
- Working closely with the Construction and Delivery team to coordinate local project development efforts for the establishment of power, water, gas and telecom utility companies.
- Have technical responsibility for the handover of plant and equipment from the projects/delivery team at the site, environmental reporting, compliance and monitoring of policies and procedures within the utility business
- Effectively implement and ensure enforcement of best practices, policies and procedures for the utilities and urban management functions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other departments, regulatory agencies, consultants and customers.
Hard skills and experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Project Management or Real Estate Focused
- Master’s degree and professional certificates are a plus
- Minimum of 8 years of hands-on experience in utilities (power, water) management with at least 4 years of relevant management experience
- Working knowledge of relevant regulatory agency processes and proven ability to facilitate
- approvals for required licenses.
- Effective development/project management skills;
- Excellent budgeting skills;
- Excellent reporting skills.
How to apply
Please submit your updated resume to and clearly indicate ‘Utilities Manager’ in the subject line by 1 November 2023.